Monday, December 11, 2006

Review of my insurance policies...

I have a new financial adviser who's taken over from the slacker who's not followed up on me since I bought my endowment policy some 4-5 years ago. I am so glad that I met her.

After going through all the policies that I have, her opinion is that I have too much coverage in certain aspects and insufficient on others. Guess it is always good to have a second opinion on how my portfolio should be managed.

It has been a struggle for me, for the last 3-4 years, to keep up with my insurance premiums. I do wonder why I make myself suffer so much. More than 25% of my pay actually goes into paying for my premiums, I do hope that with this review, I can lessen some of these payments or channel my funds to areas that will make my money work harder for me.

This review is also timely, given that I am in the midst of doing my health insurance paper this coming Wednesday. Let's see if this industry will be suitable for me.