Saturday, September 02, 2006

Why I do not offer stock advice

A couple of friends have been reading my blog and yes, I think I've sparked an interest in options trading in them. And yes, some are asking me how I do my trades.

"Tell me how you place your trades, what strategies are you using, what are your parameters?" "Just tell me what you are buying and I follow suit"

My answer to all of the above, "Sorry, you have to learn from the master herself, not from me."

I have a social responsbility to help you safeguard your money, I don't want you, my friend to start trading without knowing the mechanics behind it. Don't follow what I do with my trades, it's all about timing. Just as I know when I should get in, I also know when to pull out. It's time dependent, and you could already miss the boat once you hear from me.

So please, don't ask me to teach you the strategies, my friend. I don't want to lose your friendship just because I taught you the wrong thing and you lose money as a result. I am not selfish with the knowledge I acquired, I am just careful about the advice I dispense.